If you’ve struggled with obesity, you know what a challenge losing weight can be. For those patients who have reached their goal weight after bariatric surgery, we congratulate your achievement. You are on the path to a healthier tomorrow. Now, take the next step in your weight loss journey and come see Dr. Waldorf about post-bariatric body contouring. We can help you shed that excess skin and reshape your body for a whole new look. Call us today and schedule your appointment.
Plastic surgery treatments post-weight loss are on the rise. Come see how these treatments might benefit you.
Do I Really Need Cosmetic Surgery After Massive Weight Loss?
Many patients who have lost a substantial amount of weight feel conflicted. They are elated at the changes they’ve made, but disappointed that their appearance wasn’t what they expected. Body contouring surgery can help you achieve the body you’ve dreamed of. By removing excess skin after losing a large amount of weight, you can feel more comfortable in your new body. You’ve worked hard to get where you are and we’ll help you finish that journey.
Body contouring after massive weight loss has many cosmetic and physical benefits including:
- A “Firmer” Appearance: Often, after losing a lot of weight, the body looks loose and droopy. Body contouring surgeries can “firm” up your appearance for a smoother, tighter look.
- Clothing Fits Better: Some styles of clothing can be difficult to wear when you have excess skin. Body contouring will open the door to clothing possibilities you’ve only dreamed of.
- Easier to Exercise: You’ve worked hard to lose that weight, make sure you keep it off. Exercise is a key to a healthier lifestyle. Body contouring can make it easier to get out and move, helping you achieve your long term weight goals.
- Drop Those Final Pounds: Stretched-out, excess skin can weigh more than you think. Body contouring can help you drop those final pounds.
- Feel More Comfortable: Excess skin is often uncomfortable or painful.
What Body Contouring Surgeries Are Available?
Post-bariatric body contouring surgery is highly individualized. Dr. Waldorf will help you create a unique surgical plan that focuses on your problem areas. Some surgeries can be performed together, while others may be performed at a later date.
- Tummy Tuck: Tighten up abdominal muscles and remove excess skin for a flatter, tighter tummy.
- Liposuction: Remove stubborn fat pockets and contour and reshape.
- Breast Lift: Restore the shape and position to sagging breasts.
- Male Breast Reduction: Restore a flat, masculine appearance to your chest.
- Lower Body Lift: Tighten up the abdomen, thighs, and buttocks.
- Arm Lift: Remove loose, sagging tissue from the arms.
- Thigh Lift: Remove excess skin from the upper and lower thighs for a more toned look.
If you’ve lost a lot of weight, come talk with Dr. Waldorf about post-bariatric body contouring.